88 Buick, Island wagon......road trip maybe???

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Fat Tedy, May 17, 2017.

1. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Miss driving my big Buick...... but needs paint now, the 307 runs great but is so slug it could not pass itself, on propane and that's getting harder and harder to find a "car" propane fill up out here, it's a hassle you could say, so I need to put it back on gas........money and time, time mainly I'll have to admit I've kinda lost interest. Been loosing interest in my blue Olds Cutlass Cruiser also...... not being able to roll down the rear door windows for my dogs 9 No rear roll down windows in general) has been REALLY getting to me this year......... been thinking again it's time to sell as it just stays parked for the most part, insured and parked!

This has higher miles on the car than I am used to, but claims a 350 Buick some 30k miles ago, etc, etc...... so a lot of the grunt work has been done. Small road trip to see it but I contacted seller via email and now I wait.

Not the best pics, but not the worst either. I will be asking for some interior pics and at least one under the hood pic before a drive up island.

Yes I am very interested, the email only contact though........... I just have bad luck getting a response, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for a trip this weekend.

My email to seller, short and sweet and to the point....

Hi, I'm interested. I have 2 of these that are a bit tired you could say.

Could you call me or I call you the old school way by telephone? So much gets lost texting and emailing back and forth

Regards
    Ted
    Victoria
    ...house #
    ...Cell #

Normally used to see tire curb burn on the passenger side.........

[​IMG]

Looks like a bit of a dent in the rear quarter.............

[​IMG]

I know where these pics were taken, I just can't put my finger on it rite now.........

[​IMG]

I've contacted seller, I guess I wait to see what happens............................

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1988-Buick-Electra-Estate-Wagon_29410850

2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Optimistic, but there was a reason I didn't get toooooo excited.

Seller called me:clap:........................:cautious:

Pictures are 3-4 years old ( seller not sure)...........

Pics taken last time it ran and was driving, and was 4-sale....

It was running when I stopped driving it ( Ummmmm,,,3-4 years ago??)...... :rolleyes:.....

"should" run, the engine was rebuilt(y)..............................................

has been parked outside since, 3-4 years ago not exactly sure...................

leaks on passenger side alot, onto floor from heater intake ( T-Was a great fail on GM's part but none the less.......)

Interior needs a cleaning ( I could just imagine considering our climate and the fact it leaks so I didn't ask:nailbiting:)

Paint peeling......

wood looks "OK"

New dis-dat-and everything well before it's 3-4 year nap outside ( in rain forest winter is where I live).....................

Well, kinda have a new spark for my non leaking, needs paint, needs drivetrain, but runs big old Buick!

millsy and ModelT1 like this.
  3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    :slap::16suspect::grumpy::sour::meh::vomito::disagree::(:huh::badwords:

fannie likes this.
  4. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    3-4 year old photos... sheesh.

5. VTWAGONLOVER

VTWAGONLOVER Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    This seems to happen more and more. I recently saw a Ramcharger for sale on Craigslist. When I looked at the pics, half of them were in my driveway with me walking around it because I had owned it five years ago...seriously???

Not only were they old pics, but they were MY pics taken off the internet...

ModelT1 likes this.
  6. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  7. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Tedy, remember that an Olds 403 will bolt right in where that tired 307 sits.
    That will wake things up......until you blow up the trans.

ModelT1 likes this.
  8. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Canceled the road trip!:slap::chirp: Four years too late.:whew:

9. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Yup! I was some what considering this one for a swap early in the year, at the time seller was "FIRM" on $1750 if I remember correct...... or he would just park it in the back yard as I was told. ( Guess Mom had a different plan! read on)

......then it appeared at $1600

..... now it's at $1400

Can't remember the exact conversation but seller's "what I have done to it myself" as opposed to the listing didn't get me excited. Even at the now $1400 OBO, not excited to contact seller. Oh BTW, the "This car was senior owned until recently" is a NOT. "Mom" who answered the phone wanted it gone as it's bee in the driveway for a long time. Car "was" located kinda close by, I did do drive by, now car is listed in a different part of town with....you guessed it, the same pics from the beginning of the year.......in Mom's driveway.

https://victoria.craigslist.ca/cto/6078614173.html

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    ModelT1 likes this.