I love Napa Auto

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by mrtoni, Mar 16, 2017.

1. mrtoni

mrtoni Member

Or maybe old cars are cheaper to work on.
    Chasing down a stalling problem on my volare. Several members had great ideas. Off I went to buy a fuel filter, starting fluid, battery terminal spray, new coil, ignition control Module and ballast resistor. All the gold level i.e. More money.
    Grand total with work discount was $61 bucks
    Yay

2. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

This is one of the most worthless products on the market. It only instills a sense of false security. It is the corrosion that forms between the battery terminal and post that prevent a car from starting. It is caused by the outgassing of the battery while its charging as a result of a bad seal between the post and the battery case. Your best choice to alleviate the problem somewhat is to use one of those red rings they sell that goes over the post before installing the terminal.

3. mrtoni

mrtoni Member

Thanks. I will

4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Also buy a cheap battery terminal cleaner to clean the terminals and make them shiney again.
    At least for awhile older cars are cheaper to work on. I don't like to plug any one auto parts shop. But the NAPA's I've dealt with over my lifetime still have real car guys and girls who know the difference between a set of breaker points and a breaker bar.