What have you done to your wagon lately? (Let's keep the thread going!)

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dogbone, Jul 25, 2011.

1. OnTheBottle

OnTheBottle Member

Wagon Garage:
    Haven't been here in a while. Haven't touched the wagon in while either unfortunately. But I had a rendering made of my design ideas for my Country Squire, and hopefully this will motivate me to get to work soon.

First step is Bags.
    [​IMG]

The final project will look like this. Bagged, on 20" Boss Wheels, with full sliding rag. Tucked in, smoothed, and monochrome bumpers.

I would like to eventually swap in a 5.4L Mod motor for reliability, and mileage, and plenty of power.

[​IMG]

2. 70CustomSuburban

70CustomSuburban New Member

The 70 Fury got new shoes today. On Monday I picked up a set of 70's vintage Rocket Racing wheels (turbine/hurricane 15 vane), 15 x 8.5 for the rear and 15 x 7 for the front. Yesterday I dropped them off at a local tire shop and had them install a new set of Mastercraft Avenger G/T white letter tires. 295-50R15 in the rear and 215-70R15 in the front. I'm waiting on a set of chrome uni-lug lug nuts/washers, and when I get them installed (along with the chrome center caps) I'll take some photos of the wheels/tires/wagon..

3. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I let the car idle for about five minutes. (Being that it's winter.)

4. DanR63

DanR63 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Worked on the 96 roadie wagon My son Tim and I bought for him to replace our old 96 Roadie wagon. Replaced rear shocks and brakes first. Then moved to the front where the front steering rack was replaced from tie rod end to tie rod end. Next was the front rubber brake line hoses the passenger side caliper and complete front pads. Then we bled the system and did an oil change. The only left to do is install a "t" fitting in the air line for the rear shocks (waiting for rock auto to deliver) and get the front end aligned.

[​IMG]

5. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

I'm jealous.

I went to the storage place and got the papers out of the car so I can change the insurance over to Fire & Theft...that's it...nothing.

6. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Took the car to my son's vo-tech school for a front-end alignment. The toe-out was excessive, and the car wandered a bit on the freeway. Now...she tracks nice and straight!

7. DanR63

DanR63 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    oil cooler lines 94-96 B body

Had to replace the oil cooler line assembly on my son's new 96 Roadmaster wagon. The line was leaking pretty bad and with only 80K on the clock I could not understand what was the issue. ( our other roadmaster went to 200K on the same assembly) What I found was the line was pushed up against the steering gear box and the vibration from everyday driving wore a hole right through it. So guys something to watch for on the tow package cars.

8. DanR63

DanR63 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Took the Buick GS out for gas and a much needed car wash today. Car ran like a dream! Total of 15 miles and no issues. Tim is talking new sound system before he takes it to New Mexico. It will be down sized from what he had in the Dark cherry one because A) cash flow and B) he sees what too much power can do to a car.

9. DanR63

DanR63 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Finished up the sound system in Tim's new Roadmaster wagon GS. The system works great. While still very high powered it is a major step in the right direction (sound quality over loudness) The install looks very professional (done by Tim and me) and I must admit really sounds great! Here are a couple of photos of the system. the little red button at the lower right of the stereo is a switch for the antenna. Since he listens mostly to other types of media and not radio He liked the idea of the antenna not raising every time the system went on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DanR63

DanR63 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Now that my son is moved out and has his own roadie wagon it was time for me to do some things to our oldest wagon. The 96 Dark cherry one (avatar photo) needed some Love. It was cleaned up good vacuumed and washed (much needed). Next I fixed some much needed repairs. passenger side inner and out tie rods where junk as well as the idler arm. I repacked all the front wheel bearings. Took the car in for an alignment and had two new rear tires installed. Brought it home and did an oil change and tightened up some loose fittings on the oil cooler that where leaking. Then last I reinstalled the stereo and while it is no boom box subwoofer monster like my son had in the car you can certainly enjoy your favorite tunes. This car is now safe to drive for winter or sell (wife wants to see the later). For now I will enjoy it a bit and if someone might be interested in it let me know. (Kind of hard to let go :()

11. wagonman1967

wagonman1967 New Member

67 Chevelle headliner

Well I am finally going to get the headliner in the wagon.Cleaned up the roof and glued some padding in. Had a heck of a time getting the correct liner. Good thing I had a old one I ordered years ago as a pattern and sent that with my return. I will post more pics as it progresses.

Attached Files:

12. shelby18

shelby18 Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Finally have my Colony Park back on the road this morning after the head of the radiator split. Everything cleaned up, checked out, and put back to show condition. After work her first freeway road test since diagnosed with overheating problems.

Now the Country Squire is in the shop. I put in an electric fuel pump. Now we are gutting the original fuel pump and routing a solid line in it so it is not used, but looks original.

13. shelby18

shelby18 Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Drive home went well. Never went past mid point. 162 f. Now I'll finally get some miles on the Colony Park!

14. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    I'm taking the 15" x 7" US Mag slotted aluminum wheels I've had forever, down to have them polished and coated, then I'm putting them on the Country Squire! I hate the stock wire wheel covers! These slotted wheels were briefly on my '68 Dodge D100, but I installed a set of Chrysler cop wheels and caps on that truck.

15. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I haven't driven it on the roads, though I did pull it out of the garage in the driveway for idling once a week throughout the winter. I think I should get a locking gas cap to deter any would-be thieves and saboteurs; I have such a cap on the Chevy Sedan.