Glad your up and about Cat, but like mentioned before.... if you shouldn't be here for health sake, come back when you should. Never met ya but I kinda like ya, ya old buzzerd
Sheesh Cat! There's other more fun ways of going blind! My dad told me that before I reached puberty!!! When you get back up to snuff, you otta rent this flick! 'The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz'. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071155/
---------I don't know big brother. I just get on for short times. Thanks for caring. Not much pain except pain in the butt from not being able to see out of right eye.............. Good news. I had to be ill to get son to work on the 1955 Wagon. He has a lot done so far. Actually took it on two short drives. One a few miles checking the 2004R shifting with new carb adapter and the digital dash. Idles great after 1 1/2 years of old gas. Only problem so far it got up to 210 when he parked. Believe thermostat stuck from sitting. AC not hooked up yet, modern wipers not in, cruise in but not fully hooked up. But he had a lot to do including match the 55 blinker wires to the late model wiring. Looked good going down the road. Okay getting off here again .
I like this. I can see the soon with left eye but can't even see monitor with right one! All of you are great encouragment. Thanks. Now go play with your wagons!
Hey...with all the bad stuff going on for you right now...that IS some good news! Have your son do some reading on the shift point set up for that 200-4R. There are some critical issues involved depending on the carb being used. Anyway....glad to hear that the 55 is getting some care!
--------Son said the torque converter wire is not hooked up yet. He didn't want to jack it up and crawl under yet. The new harness has a wire so he removed the keyed hot we had. Now it will be powered from keyed hot thru the electric fuel pump fuse which we no longer use. Went back to high volume regular mechanical pump. Using Eldebrock 600 1406 carb on Edelbrock manifold. Steven is 22 but a wiz with cars, especially the electrical stuff.
Full Circle Short story---------Steven was 18 months old when I baby sitted him while wife Dollie went shopping. The 1955 Chevy wagon was in driveway and stripped fairly bare. No engine or tranny. Only the two front doors were in place. Nothing inside except bare dash. Only windows were two rear side curved because rubber looked good and I was afraid to remove them. No tail or lift gate. Bare wagon! I put moving blankets and toys inside and tossed 18 month old Steven inside to play while I worked under dash and around firewall outside. Needed help holding a few bolts and nuts. Steven just automatically helped hold them till I could start bolts or nuts from firewall side and put small vicegrips on to tighten. 18 months and he became a car guy..............Fast forward to him 22 years old. Today I started bolts from firewall into Vintage Aire AC unit as Steven worked under dash. ------18 month old playing with tiny bolts, nuts, and washers! 18 months old and playing in a stripped car! 18 months old and having fun! 22 years old and still playing with cars with his daddy! Was this legal?
----------Yep. Have same set up on all old cars and the panel truck. Even in Florida it is worth the extra few dollars for electric choke. Tried Holly and others. Love the simple Edelbrock. Son can almost rebuild one in his sleep!:banana:
How you doin', Cat?? Everything healing OK? You better be taking care of yourself. I want to see you in that 55. And I want you to see me......with BOTH eyes!