The Missing Eye Lens

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by ModelT1, Oct 26, 2011.

  1. ModelT1

    ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

    Joined:
    May 18, 2011
    Messages:
    22,123
    Likes Received:
    1,441
    Trophy Points:
    808
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    This has nothing to do with headlites or station wagons. As some of you know I had a fight this summer with a large tree branch and the branch won. My right eye was damaged so badly the lens implant I had was knocked into my eyeball. This would have happened even with a factory original lens. Under severe impact the pouch containing the lens will rip open and cause the lens to fall inside eyeball. Not exactly a fun thing to happen. Well, I found out yesterday during surgery it is not a fun thing to remove either. Took eye surgeons over three hours just to remove the old lens. Another hour to luckily put in another new lens. As for me I know nothing and that's how I wanted it. Woke actually feeling good with maybe 5 OUT OF 10 pain level. Nothing like I expected. As of now I can not see out of right eye and left isn't doing well. They had to put a gas bubble inside eyeball to push retna and new lens outward. This causes the left eye to react to this and see things oddly at times. I am happy this is over and just hope there will be no complications. An eye is a fragile thing and many things can still happen. I am not supposed to be on computer. Supposed to be looking down and sleeping on tummy. So I will not be here too much for awhile to bug my friends. Thanks for caring.
     
  2. snooterbuckets

    snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    3,742
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    106
    Location:
    Cranford, New Jersey
    Yikes Cat, get the heck off the computer and do what your doctor tells you to do. We'll be here when you gives you clearance.
    Godspeed to you in your recovery. I'm sure the drs know what they're doing and you'll be fine.
     
  3. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Sheeze Bud, you take good care of yourself.:yup: Wishing you the best:2_thumbs_up_-_anima
     
  4. Xavier

    Xavier Classic Goth

    Joined:
    May 10, 2011
    Messages:
    3,425
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    122
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Well I was going to type this long wordy message, but I guess I shouldn't. So as a doctor I can only recommend you do as my collegues suggest and you will be back here on the forum in no time at all. Be safe and hope all goes well and quickly for you. See you soon, Cat. Good luck! :)
     
  5. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,061
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    Hey, 'T'....

    GET OFF THE COMPUTER!!!!!



    Now that's it's later.......

    I do know from personal experience that eyes are fragile.
    Had corrective surgery on both eyes when I was young, to fix what was called 'lazy eye' syndrome. Guess you would call it 'toe out' on both orbs......was told it could take more than one surgery to dial it in correctly. Had an excellent opthomologist who got it bingo-on the first time for both eyes. This was way back in 1957 or '58.....
     
  6. MotoMike

    MotoMike Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2010
    Messages:
    5,174
    Likes Received:
    123
    Trophy Points:
    188
    Location:
    Newnan, Ga
    Hey Cat, get off this thing and/or get the wife to read our inane posts to you! Heal quickly bud, hope the outcome is 100%.
     
  7. wagonmaster

    wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 6, 2006
    Messages:
    13,227
    Likes Received:
    2,552
    Trophy Points:
    1,122
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Get some rest to speed up the recovery.
     
  8. Cyber-Wizard

    Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2,328
    Likes Received:
    93
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    I hope you're not reading this but ...feel better soon. This place won't be the same without you.
     
  9. ModelT1

    ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

    Joined:
    May 18, 2011
    Messages:
    22,123
    Likes Received:
    1,441
    Trophy Points:
    808
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    Thanks everyone. I just check in briefly. Can't see out of the right eye and left seems to mess up out of sympathy. I guess that proves my brain is still working because the signals have to go up there someplace!:rofl2:
     
  10. wingnut

    wingnut Non-Hockey Fan

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2011
    Messages:
    385
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Mendocino County, Nor Cal, USA
    i
    feel
    your
    pain
    get
    well
    soon​
     
  11. fannie

    fannie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    Messages:
    12,071
    Likes Received:
    1,324
    Trophy Points:
    698
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Your still on line!!!

    Do you want to look like this???

    [​IMG]


    hmmm???
     
  12. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Been waiting on you, Cat. Was thinking about you the last couple of days and if I didn't hear from you by tomorrow's end I was coming looking for you. Seriously...if you are not supposed to be here....stay away. They told my sister what to do and if she had pain to call right away. She had pain, didn't call and is now blind. Don't mess around. Glad you are home and on the heal, pal. Been worried about you.
     
  13. ModelT1

    ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

    Joined:
    May 18, 2011
    Messages:
    22,123
    Likes Received:
    1,441
    Trophy Points:
    808
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    :bigsmile:Thanks guys and gals.:yahoo: My eye doc said I can look forward some so I get on now and then to look around.:yikes:
     
  14. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Well don't look or 'touch" to much....ya mite go blind or insane!:p
     
  15. ModelT1

    ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

    Joined:
    May 18, 2011
    Messages:
    22,123
    Likes Received:
    1,441
    Trophy Points:
    808
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    ----------Too late on that warning. One happened years ago and the tree branch didn't help with the other!:rofl2:Touching things is not a problem. That's an old wives tale. I asked my old wife! Old age is the problem. But I'd rather get older than not!:disagree:
     

Share This Page