Guess year/model of this beach wagon

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Harry Clamshell, Jan 22, 2011.

  1. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Well, hull......THERE'S a new twist!!!:49:
     
  2. GN300

    GN300 Tipmaster G

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1,761
    Likes Received:
    29
    Trophy Points:
    122
    Location:
    Aylesford Nova Scotia
    He didn't pay more than you asked did he?
     
  3. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Good point, GN. Something doesn't smell right here. Are the actual funds in your account? Keep us posted on this, hull.
     
  4. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada

    It is wierd for sure, but it does read like Hull has the $. This summer I sold in a package deal 3 complete Celicas c/w extra motors and trans with boxes of exrta parts to boot. The guy paid me cash, took the 3 cars asked if he could pick up all the other stuff in 2-3 weeks...it's almost 5 months later and I still have the stuff and no way to contact the buyer:confused:
     
  5. hullinger

    hullinger Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Messages:
    352
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    76
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wilmington, DE
    It sure is weird. The guy paid the correct amount, nothing more, in August than I transferred all but $5 to my regular account. My thinking was that if there was a scam going on than the $5 would be taken. I'm 7 months into this and no issues or problems with the original wire and the $5 is still in there. I've Googled his name and his town and even looked at his house on Google maps (Bruckmuehl, Germany looks quite lovely, by the way) and everything seemed to jive back in August. It's just a strange situation that I feel compelled to correct somehow. That's where the wire reversal could fix this should it come to that. It seems this is quite the opposite of a scam, and none the less, a situation I don't care to be in.

    Chris
     
  6. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Yeah....I understand your trepidation. Maybe the guy died and no one was aware of the purchase, or doesn't care, and took down his puter. If you have his address, try sending snail mail.
     
  7. Blackfoot

    Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Messages:
    2,177
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Clymer, NY
    OK, here we go

    [​IMG]
     
  8. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,062
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    I'm just going to throw out what I remember on this one, without looking it up....

    Somebody wanted to bring the Packard brand back in the early 60's. I believe designer Raymond Lowey (sp) penned the look of the car. I think there was a sedan version as well. Project never got off the ground.....

    Also just noticed this...
    Doesn't it look like they used a '64 Chrysler windshield, and also maybe the front door and vent glass?
     
  9. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
  10. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,062
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    Oops - I must be cornfused...
    Was probably thinking of the Packard Predicta...
    [​IMG]
     
  11. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada

    That was a beautiful car back then, and a beautiful car today:yup:
     
  12. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    I will take that Predicta, thank you.:D
     
  13. Cluricaun

    Cluricaun Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2010
    Messages:
    106
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    33
    Location:
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    I could be happy with that Packard woodie in the background...
     
  14. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Me TOO!(y):yup:
     
  15. the Rev

    the Rev senior junior Charter Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    9,329
    Likes Received:
    54
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    BC,canada
    cuz i detest it......:rednose:

    thats scary.....:rofl:
     

Share This Page