Guess year/model of this beach wagon

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Harry Clamshell, Jan 22, 2011.

  1. a1awind

    a1awind Tiki God

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Messages:
    3,329
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Ellwood city Pa
    01-05 jetta
     
  2. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
    They definitely over-did the tailpipes on the little green wagon.
     
  3. wixom61

    wixom61 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2009
    Messages:
    2,555
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    111
    Location:
    Dallas
    Hey Orthman, I had the wrong caption, and you are, indeed right on your answer. The little burning wagon is a Passat wagon. :2_thumbs_up_-_anima
    Not sure why I goofed that up (other than I am an idiot).

    The good news is...now you get to put up a pic! I'm sure it will be a good one! :rofl:

    David :)
     
  4. OrthmannJ

    OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Messages:
    17,068
    Likes Received:
    4,918
    Trophy Points:
    848
    Location:
    Yakima Washington
    Alright.

    Hold please...
     
  5. OrthmannJ

    OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Messages:
    17,068
    Likes Received:
    4,918
    Trophy Points:
    848
    Location:
    Yakima Washington
    Here's one.
     

    Attached Files:

  6. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,062
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    It's a Toyota concept vehicle from the mid 80's as I recall. Gimme a minute to look it up.....
     
  7. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,062
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    Oops! It's from the 70's!!!
    The RV2

    [​IMG]

    From an article I found....

    "
    The Toyota RV-2 prototype was unveiled at the 1972 Tokyo Motor Show. This bizarre 4-person camperwagon concept car was built around a Corona Mark II chassis and drivetrain. It seems that Toyota was attempting to capitalize on the popularity of the VW camper bus, but with a vehicle small enough to fit in a standard garage and practical enough to serve as everyday transport."
     
  8. OrthmannJ

    OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Messages:
    17,068
    Likes Received:
    4,918
    Trophy Points:
    848
    Location:
    Yakima Washington
    You win Krash.
    Aparently I didn't make it hard enough.
    Your turn.
     
  9. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,062
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    BIG wagon......

    [​IMG]
     
  10. Blackfoot

    Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Messages:
    2,177
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Clymer, NY
    Soviet 1977 GAZ-14 Chaika. This is a one of a kind, Custom built wagon/limo made for Fidel Castro.
     
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  11. wixom61

    wixom61 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2009
    Messages:
    2,555
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    111
    Location:
    Dallas
     
  12. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,062
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon

    Yesiree bob.......Blackie's up.
     
  13. hullinger

    hullinger Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Messages:
    352
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    76
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wilmington, DE
    I'm betting that there is a Ronco product that will clean that up nicely. Just spray and wipe, than bam, just like new!
     
  14. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,062
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon

    Hullinger, did you sell the Mercury?
     
  15. hullinger

    hullinger Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Messages:
    352
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    76
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wilmington, DE
    Don't want to highjack the thread but here is the Mercury as she sits today.

    This wagon has been quite a journey for me. I did sell it last year through eBay to a gentleman in Germany. He paid through a wire transfer and all was well. About 3 weeks after getting the wire I emailed him about when it will get picked up. Well, three weeks turned into 7 months and multiple emails without getting a response. So now I still have the Mercury and the dudes money. I really don't want both and I'm now contemplating seeing if my bank can reverse the wire transfer. It's odd, I was super nervous about this being a scam and giving my banking info so I set up a special bank account just for this. As it turns out, it's the opposite of a scam since I have both the car and money. It's still a displeasure though.

    Chris
     

    Attached Files:

Share This Page