4/5,
Year:
Color:
Red
Engine:
8 Cylinder
Vehicle:
OLDSMOBILE|CUSTOM CRUISER
  • The car is lowered with both springs and front spindles. Fine tuned with 1/2 inch spring spacers in the front. Front anti-roll bar from a 9C1. I have clear headlights and front markers. All of the exterior nomenclature has been removed, roof slider rails smoothed, smoothie front bumper, rear roll pan, and the hood has been updated to a one-off carbon fiber design that I hand made. I am running 255-50-17s on the rear, and 235-60-17s in the front with Raceline wheels. Braking is enhanced with Hydroboost from an Astro Van. The engine is a .030 over 454 (461 CI) with Holley MPFI system, dual exhausts with Magnaflows dump at the rear axle, anti-lock brake delete, and cat delete. Trans is recently rebuilt with heavy duty upgrades, and I recently rebuilt the rear with a Detroit Truetrac, Moser axles, and Richmond 3.42 gears. The interior has Recaro front seats with no center console, Pioneer radio/CD player, aftermarket steering wheel(s) with a quick release, The cargo area is carpeted with a sectioned oriental carpet.
    The Raceliine wheels have a 1/2 inch deeper offset to allow the fronts to mount in the same position as stock. The drop spindles push the wheels out 1.2 inch, and the wheels recenter them to the correct position. The rears have plenty of space for the greater offset, so I can run the same wheels on all four corners.
    In December of 21 I had an engine disaster, so I built a new 454 with all the same specs, except for the pistons. The new pistons give me about a 10:1 compression ratio vs 8.9:1 in the old engine. I believe I picked up about 50 HP. The 2nd BBC is finally running good. It has a lot of power, and the car really scoots down the road.
oldsmike and Grizz like this.